Hello dear Mozart friends,
and welcome to my own website! I am very delighted about your finding me.
Admittedly, I understand that without my famous cousin no one would care two hoots about me any more. However, since I kept all his letters at that time, of which some got unfortunately lost in the meantime - and I hope this is not to be hold against my great-nephews Karl Thomas and Franz Xaver Wolfgang - well, this way I got preserved for posterity. As I've heard though, only few of Wolfgang's countless admirers do know my story.
Again, a few
this year. Have a look!
In the center of this year is my dear uncle Leopold Mozart, who is celebrating his 300th birthday. In many places he is remembered of with special celebrations.
Exactly 10 years earlier, his father Johann Georg and his first wife Anna Maria moved to Augsburg's Frauentorstr.30 (today's Mozarthaus) where he ran his bookbinding workshop.
And exactly 240 years ago, 26-year-old Theodor Franz von Reibeld, the future father of my daughter, moved to Augsburg and began his residential year
- In January, 240 years ago, I started my trip to Salzburg with Wolfgang, who returned from his unfortunate journey to Paris.
- On March 25, 240 years ago, in a sad mood I left Salzburg for Augsburg.
- On July 14, 230 years ago, the French Revolution began with the storming of the Bastille in Paris.
- August 15 is the 250th birthday of Napoleon Bonaparte, born in Corsica.
- On the 25th of September, 10 years ago, the bronze plaque reminding myself is solemnly unveiled at the new retirement home in Augsburg's Jesuitengasse.
- On October 22, 210 years ago, the Augsburg prince-bishop received Emperor Napoleon.
- October 27th is the 250th birthday of my youngest sister Franziska. Unfortunately, the tiny baby girl died at the age of only two weeks.
- On October 29, 190 years ago, my dear cousin Nannerl passed away in Salzburg at the age of 78.
- On the 14th of November, exactly 300 years ago, my uncle Leopold was born as the eldest child of Johann Georg and his second wife Anna Maria in today's Mozarthaus in Frauentorstraße 30, and was baptized as usual on the same day in St.Georg.
And now please, make yourselves comfortable and listen to my life story. In case there might be a short moment left at the end, I would be especially happy about a kind entry in my guestbook. By the way, a click on the pictures will offer you additional information or an enlargement.
Thank you very much.
And now - have fun!
You are my English speaking guest no.